On Sunday the 4th of August the annual B’nai Brith Jewish Youth Art competition officially opened the exhibition for what was a fantastic display of drawings, paintings, sculptures , ceramics, digital work, mixed media and photography.
Yavneh college has been an active participant in the B’nai B’rith Art competition and are constantly awarded year after year with awards and commendations.
It was fantastic to see such a wide range of entries from Yavneh college and all students that participated and entered into the exhibition should be commended for their efforts.
A very big mazaltov to the group of students that managed to take home some fantastic prizes from the exhibition. Well done to all Yavneh students and I’m sure in 2020 Yavneh will play another prominent role in entering into the exhibition.
The dedication from our Yavneh Art Teachers , Dawn Magregor in secondary and Samara Adamson-Pinczewski in the Primary Art department has been fantastic throughout the year to have all the art work ready to go by the deadline.
Thank you to all students , parents and staff for attending and supporting our great students of Yavneh college.
A big Mazel-Tov to all Primary and Secondary School students who were awarded prizes.
Our Primary School Winners:
- The Thalia Hakin Memorial Award
- First Prize, Raphael Brykman, Year 6
- Painting, Age group 11-13
- Third Prize, Shira Vorchheimer, Year 6
Our Secondary School Winners:
- Painting (age group 15-16)
- First prize – Y9 Raphael Eppel
- Second prize – Y9 Shmuli Cohen
- Photography (age group 17-18)
- Y12 Michaela Raitman
- Judges First Prize Commendation for the exhibition
- Y12 Mia Singer (age 17-18)