Get ready as the talented students of Leibler Yavneh College present Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical. This is the story of an extraordinary girl who, armed with a vivid imagination and a sharp mind, dares to take a stand and change her own destiny.
- Wednesday the 25th of March 2020 at 7:30pm.
- Thursday the 26th of March 2020 at 7:30pm.
- Sunday the 29th of March 2020 at 1:00pm.
To be held at the Alexander Theatre, 48 Exhibition Walk, Monash Uni, Clayton . + Google Map
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The Tony Award-winning “Matilda The Musical” is the captivating masterpiece from the Royal Shakespeare Company that revels in the imagination of childhood, the power of knowledge and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life. With a book by Dennis Kelly and original songs by Tim Minchin, Matilda has won 47 international awards and continues to thrill sold-out audiences of all ages around the world.
Packed with high-energy dance numbers, catchy songs, and a hilarious and heartwarming script, Matilda is a story about standing up for what’s right. As the students of Yavneh delve into this story of “revolution” and imagination, they will also have the opportunity to actively reflect on their own Jewish identity- not allowing the antisemitic views of the story’s original writer (Roald Dahl) to stop us from learning and growing. We are strong, proud Jews- antisemitism won’t dictate or restrict our ability to create, imagine, live, grow, and thrive, because, as Matilda says, “that’s not right”!
- Tickets will be on sale soon.
- As per MAPA Box Office policy, that we will not process any exchanges or refunds on tickets for any of our events.
- Please note the Box Office is open in the hour before performances at the venue the Alexander Theatre However, all other in person sales prior to then will only be available at the MAPA BOX OFFICE at the Robert Blackwood Hall, 49 Scenic Boulevard, Monash University, Clayton Monday-Friday 9.30-4.30pm.
See you there!