Get ready as the talented students of Leibler Yavneh College present a double-bill of two very different but cherished musicals, Disney’s The Lion King Jr and Songs of a New World.
- Wednesday the 10th of April 2019 at 7:30pm.
- Thursday the 11th of April 2019 at 7:30pm.
- Sunday the 14th of April 2019 at 5pm.
To be held at the Alexander Theatre, 48 Exhibition Walk, Monash Uni, Clayton . + Google Map
SHOW 1: Disney’s The Lion King Jr
The Lion King Jr. is the story of a young lion prince, living in the flourishing African Pridelands. Born into the royal family, precocious cub, Simba, spends his days exploring the sprawling Savannah grasslands and idolizing his kingly father Mufasa while youthfully shirking responsibilities his position in life requires. This changes when an unthinkable tragedy orchestrated by his wicked uncle Scar, takes his father’s life. Simba flees the Pridelands leaving his loss and the life he knew behind. Eventually companioned by two hilarious and unlikely friends, Simba starts anew. But when the weight of responsibility and a desperate plea from the now ravaged Pridelands come to find the now adult prince, Simba must take on a formidable enemy and fulfill his destiny to be King. A vibrant and exciting tale from the great creatives at Disney, The Lion King Jr. is a story of love and redemption that nobody should miss.
Music and Lyrics by Elton John & Tim Rice
Additional Music and Lyrics by Lebo M, Mark Mancina, Jay Rifkin and Hans Zimmer
Book by Roger Allers & Irene Mecchi
Based on the Broadway production directed by Julie Taymor
SHOW 2: Songs of a New World
It’s about one moment. It’s about hitting the wall and having to make a choice… or take a stand… or turn around and go back. These are the stories and characters of today, the Songs for a New World. The first musical from Tony Award winner, Jason Robert Brown (Parade, Bridges of Madison County), this moving collection of powerful songs examines life, love and the choices that we make.
Music and Lyrics by Jason Robert Brown
Originally Produced by the WPA Theatre, New York City, 1995 (Kyle Renick, Artistic Director)
Original Orchestration by Brian Besterman and Jason Robert Brown
- Tickets can be booked via this link provided and over the phone.
- As per MAPA Box Office policy, that we will not process any exchanges or refunds on tickets for any of our events.
- Please note the Box Office is open in the hour before performances at the venue the Alexander Theatre However, all other in person sales prior to then will only be available at the MAPA BOX OFFICE at the Robert Blackwood Hall, 49 Scenic Boulevard, Monash University, Clayton Monday-Friday 9.30-4.30pm.
Both musicals licensed exclusively by Music Theatre International (Australasia).
All performance materials supplied by Hal Leonard Australia.
See you there!