To be Melbourne’s pre-eminent Jewish Day School:
developing the characters, enriching the intellects, and engaging the souls of outstanding, Torah and Israel-committed youth.
The mission of Leibler Yavneh College is to play a central role in the personal development of its students, nurturing them to be:
• Of fine character, imbued with integrity and compassion;
• Inspired by and personally committed to a relationship with Hashem based on study of Torah and adherence to its values and Mitzvot;
• Life-long, independent learners who pursue excellence and strive to achieve their potential;
• Knowledgeable of and passionate about Yahadut (Judaism) and Tziyonut (Zionism); and
• Committed Australians, aware of and loyal to their communal, civic and personal responsibilities.
Yavneh Philosophy and Values
We aspire to a lifetime love of learning and pursuit of academic excellence in both Jewish and General Studies, because they are mutually reinforcing, so that all students can achieve their potential.
• We are committed to the development of a warm and nurturing school environment for all students, which, leading by example, encourages the practice of Derech Eretz (ethical behaviour), adherence to Halacha, and a commitment to Religious-Zionist ideals.
• We believe that helping our students to realise their potential requires a holistic emphasis on their overall sense of well-being: personal, emotional and intellectual needs.
• We strive to develop resilient, independent learners, equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to participate effectively as Jews in the outside world.
• We encourage our students to take pride in their Australian heritage and challenge them to make their own contribution in order to shape its future direction.