Our children thrive in the warm and nurturing atmosphere that defines our Abeles Liberman Pre-School incorporating the Gillian and Colin Mandel Family Yavneh Creche. These both operate under the auspices of the Mizrachi Organisation embracing the philosophy of Modern Orthodox Judaism.
Early childhood is a time for discovery. With our creative and play based learning programs, our students are supported and encouraged to think for themselves and develop their self esteem and independence. They are prepared for the future – confident in their ability to learn, to make friends and to participate in every aspect of school life. By promoting a healthy, active and inquisitive response to their world, each child’s sense of self and appreciation of ‘community’ is nurtured. Each day’s Program is structured to enhance the development of social and life skills, as well as literacy, numeracy and verbal proficiency in both Ivrit and English. We offer:
- An inviting, safe, secure and happy environment develops the child to be a ‘mensch’, imbuing a love and appreciation of Jewish values and traditions
- Fully-qualified, nurturing and dedicated staff, with a high ratio of staff to children
- Child-centred approach where the needs, abilities and interests of individual children are met
- Creative and play-based learning programs with a focus on all aspects of development
- Flexible routine catering to the needs of all children
- Small group and large group experiences
- Outside enrichments twice a week
- Our Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) integrates sensory and physical development into our learning, as does our special music program, which incorporates movement and dance, an appreciation of beat, rhythm and fun.
- Jewish Studies and the Hebrew language are both integrated into each day, with daily tefilot and brachot
- Shabbat and Chaggim explored through art experience and mat sessions
The Yavneh Creche
Our brand new, state of the art Creche, opened in January 2014. The Gillian and Colin Mandel Family – Yavneh Crèche – the first Modern Orthodox Creche in Melbourne. It is part of Leibler Yavneh College and the Abeles Liberman Early Learning Centre situated at 81 Balaclava Road, Caulfield North.
We cater to three age groups:
- Discoverers’ Room: 12-18 months
- Adventurers Room: 18 – 24 months
- Explorers’ Room: 24-36 months
Junior and Senior Kindergartens
Our learning programs offer an integrated approach fostering an understanding and appreciation of Jewish observance and values, Hebrew language and General Studies. Each child participates in a total spectrum of learning experiences within a warm and caring environment. Through individual and group program planning, each child is nurtured in all areas of development: educational, spiritual, social, cultural and emotional. The Abeles Liberman Preschool Early Learning Centre provides up to 104 places for Pre-school children between three and five years old, in four separate Kindergarten rooms. The classrooms are a visual delight, immersing all senses in everything Jewish.
They are prepared for their Prep year confident in their ability to learn, to make friends and to participate in every aspect of school life.
There are two Junior Kindergarten rooms for children aged 3 and 4 years of age and two Senior Kindergarten rooms for children aged 4 and 5 years. Our Early Learning Centre is the gateway to our Primary and Secondary schools.
The transition from the Early Learning Years to Primary School is significant in a child’s life and our teachers are committed to ensuring that this adjustment is a smooth and positive experience for every child. To achieve this, a highly structured Transition Program ensures our children are made to feel familiar and relaxed in their new surroundings and parents can be reassured and confident in their child’s ability to adapt to school life.
This program incorporates single activity sessions, progressing to longer activity and play-based sessions. Our ‘Buddy’ Transition Program, with Senior Kinder students being paired up with a Year 6 ‘buddy’ for guidance and support, helps facilitate the move into “big school”.
Mon – Thu: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Fri: 7:30am – 3:00pm
Operating 48 weeks of the year.
We look forward to you and your family joining the Yavneh Family and watching your child’s learning and development journey unfold together.