The Yavneh Creche
The Gillian and Colin Mandel Family – Yavneh Creche
Our brand new, state of the art Creche, opened in January 2014, with two age- groups:
• Discoverers’ Room: 14-24 months
• Explorers’ Room: 25-36 months
• An inviting, safe, secure and happy environment that develops the child to be a ‘mensch’, imbuing a love and appreciation of Jewish values and traditions
• Fully-qualified, nurturing and dedicated staff, with a high ratio of staff to children • Child -centred approach where the needs, abilities and interests of individual children are met
• Creative and play-based learning programs with a focus on all aspects of development
• Flexible routine catering to the needs of all children • Small group and large group experiences
• Outside enrichments twice a week
• Jewish Studies and the Hebrew language are both integrated into each day, with daily tefilot and brachot
• Shabbat and Chaggim explored through art experience and mat sessions
• First Modern Orthodox Creche in Melbourne
Both the Yavneh Creche and the ELC embrace the College’s Modern Orthodox and Zionist ethos. Our children thrive in the warm and nuturing atmosphere that defines our Yavneh Creche and the Abeles – Liberman Early Learning Centre. They are prepared for their Foundation/Prep year confident in their ability to learn, to make friends and to participate in every aspect of school life. By promoting a healthy, active and inquisitive response to their world, each child’s sense of self and appreciation of ‘community’ is nutured.
Mon – Thu: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Fri: 7:30am – 3:00pm
Operating 48 weeks of the year.
Junior and Senior Kindergartens
The Abeles Liberman Early Learning Centre
Early childhood is a time of discovery. With our creative and play-based learning programs, our pre-school boys and girls are supported and encouraged to think for themselves and develop their self-esteem and independence.
Jewish Studies and the Hebrew language are both integrated into our day. The children participate in daily tefilot and brachot and learn about the different Chagim in age-appropriate settings. This reflects the strong Religious-Zionist ethos of our College.
The classrooms are a visual delight, immersing all senses in everything Jewish.
Our Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) integrates sensory and physical development into our learning, as does our special music program, which incorporates movement and dance, an appreciation of beat, rhythm and fun.
Our children thrive in the warm and nurturing atmosphere that defines our Abeles Liberman Early Learning Centre. They are prepared for their Prep year confident in their ability to learn, to make friends and to participate in every aspect of school life. By promoting a healthy, active and inquisitive response to their world, each child’s sense-of-self and appreciation of “community” is nurtured. Each day’s program is structured to enhance the development of social and life skills, as well as literacy, numeracy and verbal proficiency in both Ivrit and English.
The transition from the Early Learning Years to Primary School is significant in a child’s life and our teachers are committed to ensuring that this adjustment is a smooth and positive experience for every child. To achieve this, a highly structured Transition Program ensures our children are made to feel familiar and relaxed in their new surroundings and parents can be reassured and confident in their child’s ability to adapt to school life.
This program incorporates single activity sessions, progressing to longer activity and play-based sessions. Our ‘Buddy’ Transition Program, with Senior Kinder students being paired up with a Year 6 ‘buddy’ for guidance and support, helps facilitate the move into “big school”.